20070419

The stream in the backyard


Let's resume our walk today. In an earlier post (20070406), I had mentioned that there's a stream behind our building. You would actually cross over this in the photo from two days ago (20070417). I made a little detour to the left of the photo and went down to the stream to take this photo. I processed it a little as it looked kind of tired and boring. I think this edited version conveys the ambience better than the original. Here's a question: do you see an animal in the upper right hand corner of the photo?

I also made a 5-second video clip in which you can get an idea of what it sounds like when we have our rear door and windows open.




20070418

7 comments:

~tanty~ said...

What a peaceful place and beautiful photo. Yes, I can see a white horse there. Oh, I love the sound :)

Kalyan Panja said...

Beautifully captured & composed shot!
If I would could spot it right, is that the animal in white?

Anonymous said...

I like your photograph and the color goes with the sounds. Yesterday my wife and I went for a walk in Nature too.

Today I show my wife, of 52 years, and President Bush's jet that is carrying his automobiles.

Abraham Lincoln

Chuckeroon said...

Ah, the delights of being in Switzerland. Tks for dropping in. FYI the Crown Imps are in the same familly as the Fritillary meleagris - snake's head frit.

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

It certainly looks like a white horse to me. For a moment I thought there was a brown horse behind it, but a closer look reveals that is just leaves, but the white horse looks real enough.

Z said...

Yes, it is a white horse back in the corner. There are actually three white horses (at least) who hang out there. I caught glimpses of them earlier this year. When the leaves and vegetation are all in I won't be able to see them anymore.

Anonymous said...

I came to thank you for visiting my blog, yesterday, and for your comments about Patty's last radiation treatment. She was so pleased that I heard from so many people, including Eric, and I know it made her day extra-special. She was also surprised that some of you also visited her blog and left comments there. So thank you for your visit and comments. Being new to the community, it was a big surprise to us. Thanks again.

Abe and Patty Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo