20070418

The cats at Schloss Böttstein


It's the middle of the week, so let's take a little break from our walk through Villigen and make a short trip to Böttstein, another villlage a few kilometers down the road if you were to continue on Hauptstrasse. There's an old castle there, Schloss Böttstein, which has been converted to a hotel and restaurant. They have cats, lots of them apparently. Their neighbors also have cats, and they hang out at the Schloss as well. We walked through there one winter evening and saw at least four. There was very little light at the time and the cats were in constant motion so the photos didn't turn out so well, but this one has a certain something for me. (Map)

20070225

10 comments:

Gerald (SK14) said...

fast moving creatures aren't they

AinZ said...

looks like Halloween!

Dsole said...

cool!
I really like it!
You know, in Spain it's a bad sign luck when a black cat crosses your way... but that's some superstitios stuff I guess. Black cats are my favourites!

ohle said...

...love the tone

Deb said...

there's something rather mysterious about black cats in motion! there's a hotel in Southeastern Minnesota (Wabasha) with lots of cats. It is my understanding that guests can select a cat for their room while staying at the hotel!

edwin s said...

ooh, not 1 but 2 black cats! pedestrians must've been freaking out. yes, i'm one from that school of superstitious thinking :)

Jilly said...

Love the movement in this photo. You can read their body language.

Love Chris and Deb's comment about the hotel where you can choose a cat.

Anonymous said...

I like cats in any color, but especially black cats. Nonetheless, I will have to report you to the no-cats-in-your-blog police. You are in clear violation of the rules.

Anonymous said...

@dsole - in UK it means good luck!

It's interesting how well this works with the blurred movement. I suppose we can just identify with it, like Jilly says.

Z said...

I hadn't even thought of the black cat superstition when I posted the photo. AinZ's post was the first to make me think of it. :-)

We used to have a beautiful black cat who loved people. Didn't care for the other cats so much, so it was a bit of a problem for the tabbies.

C&D, the hotel sounds like something after my own heart!

Jilly and Richard: I can't put into words what I like about the photo, all I know is that it appeals to me. :-)