20070420

The post office and the bus stop


We're back on Hauptstrasse after yesterday's diversion to look at the stream, heading further into Villigen. This is the bus stop where I catch my bus to Brugg. And the post office which serves Villigen and Stilli. Swiss Post is self-described as a "public company owned by the Swiss Federation" required to "act in a manner compatible with antitrust laws." Swiss Post's fields of activity include Mail, Goods & Logistics, Financial Services and Passenger Transport. Source: www.swisspost.ch

Previous posts related to Die Post or this view:

Men at work 20070301
Waiting at the bus stop 20070307
The post horn weathervane 20070306

20070420

7 comments:

Janet said...

Looks like a beautiful rural area - peaceful.

Ming the Merciless said...

Does it get very cold in the winter when you wait for the bus?

I love the unspoiled nature scene in your photos.

Z said...

ramblinground: what you don't hear in the photos is the noise of the traffic on Hauptstrasse. There is a surprisingly high number vehicles on it and that detracts from the rural beauty somewhat :-)

ming: the busses run pretty much on time so if I plan it right, I don't have too long a wait. Also, I'm told that in the last two years, the winters haven't been as cold as is usual.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about the "kartoffel.ch" ad on the hillside, which looks like a vineyard to me. Are there really potatoes planted there?

Z said...

Richard: No potatoes on the slope, just grapes as you say. I think the sign is there for the visibility.

Meg said...

Passenger transport? So... the postal service runs the bus company (your link) ???

And the grapes - eating grapes or for wine?

Andrea Gerák said...

kartoffel.ch :-DDDD