20070307

Waiting at the bus stop


Several times a week I attend German lessons in Baden. I take a bus to Brugg and then a train to Baden. I was early for my bus home from Brugg, so I was in time to see many of the scheduled busses arrive and depart. The train tracks are to the left in this photo. The bus that serves my area is behind the camera.

Mehrmals pro Woche besuche ich einen Deutschkurs in Baden. Ich nehme einen Bus nach Brugg und dann einen Zug nach Baden. Hier ist die Brugger Bushaltestelle. Ich war früh für meinen Bus, deshalb hatte ich Zeit die anderen Busse zu beobachten. Die Zugsgleise sind ganz links. Der Bus, den ich nehme, ist hinter dem Fotoapparat auf diesem Foto.

20070305 modified

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yellow buses give sun shine on a grey day :) Good contrast in your photo.
I wish you good lessons and real sun shine now and then!

~tanty~ said...

Nice color for the bus. Here is green. Happy Wednesday :)

Anonymous said...

Your buses look very modern. I wonder if they are diesel and belch-out black smoke like our buses do in the states?

Pat said...

What a colourful photo of your buses. I wish you well in your language studies. Nice to see that you carry your camera with you. ;)




Pat's Photos and
Guelph Daily Photo

stromsjo said...

Jene ungeplanten Extraminuten können solch eine Gelegenheit sein, die lang, wie wir uns erinnern, die Kamera zu tragen.

Gerald (SK14) said...

They look very formidable all lined up there.

Z said...

Mimmu and Tanty: They are bright, aren't they? I think the ones in Germany are yellow as well.

AL: There's no visible belching from these busses and they also declare that they're fitted with filters for soot. I haven't been able to find a useful and easily-used list of emissions standards to compare the US and Swiss/European diesel engines and the diesel (treatment) itself, but I think it's a different story here than it is in the US.

Pat: Thank you for your good wishes. I'll need them! It is funny how I've become attached to the camera. It happened sometime last November.

Per: Dude, you do realize at what level I can comprehend Deutsch? Notice the child-like color coding? I get the gist of your sentence, but shorter ones would be better. ;-)

Gerald: Oh, but these are nice busses. Not formidable at all!

And as an addendum, the pedant in me would like to say that "busses" and "buses" are both acceptable forms for the plural, according to the Oxford American Dictionary.

stromsjo said...

>shorter ones would be better. ;-)

:D :D

Sorry, I'm not entirely sure it was even correct German so maybe you *shouldn't* understand it! :)

What I was trying to point out is that as long as you keep bringing your camera this kind of unplanned moment of spare time is a potential treasure.