20070227

Landscape with cement factory


This photo is from last month, though we have had spells of similar weather conditions recently. Yesterday, I talked about ABB, and today I'll mention Holcim, a leading supplier of cement and aggregates in the world. It was established in 1912 in a village near us called Holderbank. We have a plant on the other side of the Aare and the quarry for the rocks it uses is in Villigen's backyard, so to speak. There's a long conveyor system across Villigen and the Aare, a small part of which is visible in this earlier post.

20070121

3 comments:

Deb said...

the setting is so beautiful...as is the photo from last month!
I think my preference is the one from last month though.

angela said...

I like the spaciousness of this scene and the sky.
Angela

Z said...

Hi all, thanks for coming by and commenting. I'm sorry I haven't visited recently -- I've just had a lot of things on my plate, but I think I'll have time this weekend.

c & d: I like the other one as well. In this post, I wanted to show the Holcim factory, and this was, by far, the nicest photo of it.

angela: thanks! I think the clouds really make the difference.