20071003

A slightly older baby in Villigen


This is a birth announcement that was up for a while in May in Villigen. The signs are always different, with different motifs so far as I've seen. Almost makes me wonder if they're homemade. Yesterday I showed a stork with a bundled baby and toys in Baden. Here's a depiction of Mowgli with Baloo from Kipling's The Jungle Book as interpreted by Disney. And as you see, the date of birth is stated, and I guess it's clear that the baby is a boy.

20070530

6 comments:

Janet said...

These are creative birth announcements. Here, they usually tie pink or blue balloons to the mailbox and send written announcements. I like this better.

claude said...

One only boy or twin boys ? Is it Jan Joel or Joel Jan or Jan and Joel ?

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

:)someone went to such lengths for the world to know.....

Lynette said...

While the Jungle Book characters are fine, I'm so tickled by those cows in the flower bed that I'm about to fall off my chair! Are they singing? Do you see the all over Villigen? Thanks for this great photo and for your visit to my blog.

Z said...

Rambling: I'm trying to find out where this custom originates.

Claude: I don't know, but I think only one. Otherwise, there would probably be two boys depicted on the sign.

Moi: They're obviously very happy!

Lynette: I think you're right, and I hadn't really noticed! I'll try to get a photo just for you.

Anonymous said...

Most folks make their own here but then there are some people who make giant storks and rent them out by the day. They are always cute. Some better than others.