20070604

The post office as seen from the hill


On Sunday I went up to Besserstein, the hill you've seen many times on this blog (click on the Besserstein label below to see some of the other posts), to take some photos. There's not a lot that's new here: the post office, the bus station and the kartoffel.ch sign were all visible in the post from 20070420. What are new are the chess board and the bench (in the lower right hand corner, look up from "kart"). Some of you might recall my "men at work" theme day post where I showed you this area and told you that I didn't know what they were working on. Well, this was part of it. There's also a new house further to the right.

20070603

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a nice photograph. I like it and the gentle feeling I have for the place when I see the picture.

Abraham Lincoln's kidney stone attack...
I rolled on the floor, puked, screamed, and passed out. When I woke up the neighbor was gone.
Brookville Daily Photo

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

beautiful place. i have always loved post offices in hills...checked ur earlier pics too of the hill.....beautiful pastoral scenery ...my kinda place totally!

Anonymous said...

Is that a petanque "pitch" by the chessboard. (Don't know the word for a petanque thingy)

Z said...

Moi: I'm glad you're enjoying the view.

Richard: I think you're talking about the parking lot...

claude said...

Your post office looks like a house. I think it stands out of town !

Z said...

Claude: It is pretty much a house. I think the postmaster lives upstairs. At least, someone lives upstairs, they have a terrace where I see people after-hours.