20070302

An excursion: the Vierwaldstättersee


Back in January I had a post about Weggis, a town on Lake Lucerne. I think I'm tiring a little of the grey weather around where we live (though Spring is definitely here) and I wanted to share this photo from that trip. The day after the other photo was taken, we drove up into the mountains near Weggis to gawk at the view. The lake had some haze over it, and the water line can be a little difficult to distinguish in this photo. The bright patch in the water is actually just the reflection of the sun. It looks like a chunk of ice to me, but it isn't.

20070128 modified

5 comments:

Gaëlle said...

I always love snowy landscapes.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful picture. And, also, thanks for stopping and looking at my horses.

Deb said...

Let me pause here to pick my jaw up off the keyboard.
W O W!!!!
This ought to wipe away any memories of grey skies!

Ming the Merciless said...

Z, your photos are getting more and more beautiful each week.

Z said...

Thank you all for commenting! If one were to rank the areas in Switzerland by beauty, then the area around Villigen would probably come in at the bottom. But, these other areas with mountains, etc. are at most 4 hours away and I like to give them some "airtime" once in a while.