20070124

First snow of the year


There are some ten fountains in Villigen (which seems a lot for a village of this size) and one of them is pictured here. This one might be called "Brunnen bei der Brücke", I have to check. Most fountains in Switzerland have potable water and if they don't, they have a sign on them labelling them as such. In the German speaking areas, the sign says "Kein Trinkwasser." This particular fountain is fine to drink from, as far as I know.

Villigen hat ungefähr zehn Brunnen. Hier ist einer davon. Die meistens Brunnen in der Schweiz haben trinkbares Wasser. Wenn das Wasser aus einen Brunnen nicht trinkbar ist, gibt es eine kleine Platte auf dem "Kein Trinkwasser" geschrieben steht.

20070124 modified

3 comments:

Ame said...

Oooooooooo, I dunno Z...do you trust drinking from those fountains? I'd be a little leary, but maybe only because I've been raising four boys for the last 19 years and I see what can go on at a fountain! LOL!

And your German looks impeccable! But then again, who am I to say! ;)

Nice first snow shot! The local preschool here had snow trucked in yesterday for the kids to play in...sure wished I had my trusty Cybershot with me...no such LUCK! ARGH! OH, it's supposed to be 60 degrees here today!

Z said...

Hm, I have had sips from various fountains around CH. Now you have me worried. :-O

About the German, my husband edits my hilarious drafts if he has time.

Baron's Life said...

Hi Z....these are again superb shots and a good story line...so many fountains make me think of the fontana di trevi.
Also seems garbage pick-up day is the same routine in Switzerland as it is here...same old greeen garbage bags outside waiting for the trash truck to pick up. I love the shot with the two buildings and the fountain in the middle. Good composition and quite artistic. Thanks for sharing this with us.