20080113

The fronts of the houses


An overexposed photo, but it'll have to do. These are the fronts of some of the buildings in yesterday's image. I think they're mixed-use for the most part, with businesses downstairs and apartments upstairs. Römerturm, on the right, is a restaurant.

An aside: For the longest time, like many others, I wondered why '4' was written as IIII on most clock faces rather than as IV. Now with the WWW and search engines, I've found this page which provides a lot of information, if not a simple answer:
To IV, or not to IV

20070409

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The house with the Dutch step gable looks very incongrous - also a bit like a doll's house. I'm dead curious about IIII vs IV, but I couldn't open the website (Firefox/Mac)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

which one do you prefer??? ;DD