20070522

Untitled (to be determined after readers write in)


Sadly, I've done very poorly on identifying crops so far. I'll blame it on being a city person who never got this up close and personal with farming until moving to Villigen. In today's post, I'm going out on a limb and calling this wheat, based upon the information that my helpful readers have given me. The lack of awns is what I'm going by. What I had earlier identified as wheat seems to be either barley or rye.

I took this shot near the location of an earlier post at the entrance to Villigen. Here's a link to that old post if you would like to compare.

20070521

8 comments:

alice said...

It could be oat too, ah ah! I'm teasing you, z, it is not easy at all to identify what is it growing in fields...But i'm sure it is not corn!

claude said...

I really do not konw what is that crop. Funny poppy !or roadsign in greencrops.

claude said...

Other thing ! You can read my blog about the recipe of chocolate mousse.

Anonymous said...

Boy this is hard to say. It could be anything. It is a very blurred photo on my browser and only looks green.

Today—
Their beaks close, their eyes shut and their heads flop over the edge of the nest.
American Robin series starts today.

Susan said...

I like this view, with the fields in the background. Lovely!

Steve Buser said...

I'm curious, does the road sign in the picture indicate it is 15 kilometres to Villigen. Seems a lovely faming town. I Google Earth'd it. Seems to have a quarry to the west of it. I sure the river provides transportation for the agriculture products. But it probably has other commerce along it also.

Z said...

Zentmrs: Welcome to Villigen and thank you for writing.

Steve: the road sign (which you can closer up if you click on the link to the old post) is the speed limit: 50 km/h (30 miles/h). There is indeed a quarry (and a cement factory related to it), if you search for quarry on the blog, you'll find a couple of posts referring to it. No photos from there, yet. The river Aare isn't used for transportation that I know of. With things like power plant installations and factories on the banks diverting the water and using it for cooling, it wouldn't be easily navigable.

Chuckeroon said...

Heh, Z..ever thought of triticale? ;-) I think this one might be wheat....but there's still something odd about it.