20070411

Spring is a busy time


Villigen is surrounded by farmland and the activity level associated with farming has been ramping up over the past few weeks. One of our windows affords a view of Hauptstrasse and there's always a photo-op lurking. I try to remember to keep my camera at hand. This guy is transporting empty pallets to the fields. Some of you might be interested to know that the magnolia across the street is the same one as in this earlier post. Happily, the frost didn't damage it.

20070410

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your photograph because it shows us some of your daily life and activity around your home. I wonder what the farmer will use the wooden pallets for.

Anonymous said...

It`s so nice to see photos like this,
colours, but in same time busy life and even beautiful flowers in the same photo :)

stromsjo said...

I suppose it’s fair to assume that farming keeps many (if not most) villagers busy? Or maybe some are commuting to jobs elsewhere.

Z said...

Abraham: if I can, I'll get a photo of the pallets in use,

Per: I don't know the numbers, but some definitely commute to other places like Brugg. Also remember that there is the Paul Scherrer Institute here. To give an example, I think just about half the working residents in our apartment building are employed there.