20080602

Badi


The entrance to the community swimming pool. A lot of advertising for the ice cream company that's known as Lusso in Switzerland. I got curious about it, since the logo is one that I've seen in the US (and also on the blogs of other CDP bloggers!) Turns out that it's part of the behemoth Unilever's Heartbrand (Wikipedia entry here). Unilever also happens to own Ben & Jerry's ice cream now, and perhaps that is the reason my local Coop supermarket carries it. There's just something odd about that -- Vermont ice cream in Villigen. A question for you lot (since many of you are in the US): how many of you have partaken of a Vermonster?

20080601

2 comments:

USelaine said...

I've never had a vermonster in my life. Never even heard of it. I used to eat Cherry Garcia before Ben and Jerry's sold out to the food monster and started using shortening instead of full cream in the product. Oh, well.

Z said...

Hi Elaine, thanks for writing in. A Vermonster is (were?) available only from B&J scoop shops and is really a group item (or at least, it SHOULD be) as it consists of 20 scoops of ice cream, four bananas, and and ... read about it over at Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermonster

In college, my dorm floor would get one for events such as residents' birthdays.