20071209

Peaks from Würenlingen


Occasionally, just occasionally, the air is clear enough and the light just right to make the tall mountains visible from our area. It makes me catch my breath every single time I experience this! Please check out my overflow blog to see a photo from three days and two minutes later, to see how different the mountains look as the light changes. I had a tough time deciding between the two photos.
Snowy peaks from Würenlingen

Würenlingen is across the river Aare from us, and home to a huge Coop (pronounced cope) supermarket which we frequent. There's an overbridge that spans the railway tracks there and it provides a great spot from which to take photos.

20071205 16:35

6 comments:

Gwen said...

What an amazing color composition and the lighting and color changes between the mountains in the background and those in the foreground. Of the two photographs, I prefer this one because it has more detail definition and the sky lighting and color really accentuates the mountains. I went to the bridge art fair at Art Basel and another fair in Wynwood, and it was extremely crowded and no parking. I've heard about the sister (and original)Art Basel show in Basel, do you go to that?

Janet said...

This is such an unusual photo...love the lighting.
Yes, you read right...air conditioning. We don't need it today, but the temps are still warm. We had thick fog last night, and it's kind of overcast.

claude said...

I prefer that one but the other is very curious because le light missing. We can see the white montains in the dark.

Annie said...

So beautiful!

Bettey said...

Gorgeous! Wonderful shades of color, and great silhouettes!

Z said...

Thank you all so much for your comments! Like many of you, I like this photo better, for the red sky, but the 'facets' of the mountains in the other photo holds a special draw for me.