20071114

The effect of altitude

Alternate title: Snowy meadow


I'm a flatlander (I mean it without the negative connotation that some usage seems to have) and since moving to Switzerland, I've had to learn to think in three dimensions when considering maps and roads and such. Anyway, we didn't get any snow, only rain, on Haupstrasse where we live (as far as I know), but the meadows just a little higher up were nicely sugared this morning. It stayed that way into the evening. To see this view with a part of the village visible, please see my overflow site:
The snowy meadow in context

20071114

2 comments:

Gerald (SK14) said...

interesting photo - it needed the overflow photo for context -- where we live we often find that we get a lot of snow just above us and much less below.

Chuckeroon said...

Golly! Moving onto B&W territory.

BTW....brilliant sun made exposure of white house difficult. I took it down a bit on Picassa, but could not go too far because the grass would have been a bit too dark. Better to have been slightly to one side to get some sculpting shadow but I wanted it slap in the middle.