20070329

Wildflower: lesser celandine


There are lots of flowers blooming all over the place. I found this little beauty in Rein, near the area where I took the photo of the daffodils and Lauffohr last month. As usual, I'm not completely sure about the name of the plant. The images of the Wald-Gelbstern (forest yellow star) I've found on the Internet have fewer petals than this one.

Erratum: A friend of a friend is an expert in these matters and he has identified this as lesser celandine. It is native to Europe, Asia and Africa and it was introduced to the US where it is now considered an invasive plant.

20070327

5 comments:

edwin s said...

Hallo Z! Thanks for popping by KLDP. No, I didn't buy any of the sauces but I tried a few. So delicious!

I love your photos. The clarity and compositions are so good. I wonder why I've not visited before. Now I'll come back regularly. :)

Kate said...

A bright spot of yellow among the green. I also agree with Edwin.

stromsjo said...

Kate is right. Even if you ignore the flower thingy (I’m a complete ignorant on that topic!) it’s an interesting image. Sort of a yellow splash on a discrete green background.

Asi Mod said...

Excellent photo. I love the yellow petals standing out in front of all that mass of green leaves in the background.

Z said...

Thank you all for dropping by and for your nice comments. :-)