20070316

The old and the new (II)


I see these two buildings almost everyday when I go to Brugg since this street is on the bus route. In the last few days, the position of the sun has been just right for photos when we pass through. There are some beautiful old houses on this street near the train station, many converted to offices and well-cared for, and across from them are several new buildings. At this time, I can say only that I like how the glass fronts reflect the old houses.

20070314

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those old buildings are so skilful and also beautiful.
This old and new is a good idea for series.

alice said...

The glasses are so clean that i believed it was an iron grille (don't know if this word is right?), very nice reflexion!

AinZ said...

very cool! love the picture of the benches as well. the old & new is a great idea for a series--especially in Swizterland. The Swiss mix the old and the new so well, don't you think? I really like all the new, modern Swiss design & architecture, but I also like that the Swiss have preserved all their quaint little old towns as well.

Mountainboy said...

Thats a great shot - so clear a reflection

Z said...

Thanks for commenting!

Alice: Yes, "grille" is an appropriate word for what I think you mean, though the more commonly used spelling might be without the "e" at the end.

AinZ: I'm afraid I have a couple of examples of rather ugly (IMHO) new buildings which I'll share over the next few days.

Ming the Merciless said...

Brilliant photo!! The contrast is so beautiful and striking.

angela said...

Excellently clear reflection and I love the contrast between old and new.
Angela